My Two Sentons - 3
Hey, it's me again, big things have happening in wrestling with Wrestlemania only days away, and more below.
- Vince McMahon has bought WCW! The only remaining rival to the WWF now that ECW shut down was bought early in the week. The WWF bought all of the rights to the WCW name, the film library and all of the internet rights, and some contracts. However, don't expect a huge influx of WCW stars to join the WWF like what has happened with ECW. This is because Shane McMahon will be running WCW to rival his father and the WWF. The profits are going to same family any way so it won't affect the McMahons whichever promotion comes out on top.
- Shawn Michaels reportedly walked out of SmackDown! tapings, a segment of the show which had been designed to get his face back on TV before Wrestlemania was axed so he walked out of the arena. With this being the last big TV show before Wrestlemania it should be interesting to see if HBK does star in Wrestlemania.
- A gimmick battle royal has been announced for Wrestlemania, this will feature all sorts of old wrestlers that you may recognise if you watch classics. The current line up is:
- Jerry Lawler has released a very apologetic letter that was sent to Vince McMahon, concerning his wife, The Kat's sacking and his quitting. The gist of the letter was that they would like to overcome their problems because they don't want to work anywhere other than the WWF.
- I think that Rhino could be a good wrestler for the WWF. However, other than helping out the Dudley Boyz I wonder whether or not Spike Dudley can ever be taken seriously. Mainly because of his size, we'll have to wait to find out what his in ring ability is like.
- It's good to see K-Kwik back in action, he certainly has a lot of talent. I just hope that he hasn't been rushed back in at less than a 100%, when this happens it invariably turns into an injury that can niggle a superstar for the rest of their career. I believe that this is the reason that Edge has taken such a long time in returning after his minor back injury picked up at No Way Out.
- I think that Wrestlemania should be a great one this year, there's a lot planned, let's just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a run-of-the-mill PPV.
Well that's all for this round up of Wrestling news, if you have opinions of your own or wanna get in touch about Wrestling then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get the e-mails. I look forward to hearing from you.