Invest in Us...
If you are interested in investing in pupiline ltd, please read on.
pupiline...for us by us®...
Pupiline in a flash:
By Oli Watts founder and Managing Director of Pupiline Ltd.
Pupiline started life as a website, created by myself, in February 2000. It went live as a commercial site in October 2000 and has now launched a series of interactive educational materials (ipupiline) for use in the classroom, in community groups and/or at home. Pupiline is aimed at all young people 11-18 in the trademarked...for us by us® ... format.
The inspiration for starting pupiline came through personal experience and awareness after I had been bullied at school, this soon became the basis for turning a bad set of experiences into something positive, highly acclaimed, and rapidly growing.
Pupiline Ltd is a team of people with me, Oli at its core, who are committed to developing a substantial business around the young people’s market sector. The team is a well-organised unit that has grown rapidly, and functions with clear and positive actions and targets. We have achieved all the goals set so far within the companies business plan. www.pupiline.net is a website designed to create a young peoples community and offer them quality information and peer support, on issues directly effecting young people. Where they can have a real voice that is being listened to, whilst have fun, all in a secure, safe environment specially created for them. The educational establishment and many of the major organisations pertinent to the content heavily endorse the site.
The sites content has two key elements, ‘features’ and ‘cool’. The features are directed at the broadest issues surrounding the developing young person, from sex, bullying, jobs, relationships etc, providing quality, endorsed, relevant and most importantly accessible information with the built in aspects of interactivity. ‘Cool’ is the fun aspects of being young, music, films, fashion, gadget, chat, forums, the real young persons online global playground. These areas are set up using the current best practice for online communities for young people; Pupiline works very closely with the world leaders in the area, Childnet International, Dfee and Young Voice. www.pupiline.net has a bespoke technical platform delivering a back end content management system, commissioned with the specific aim of allowing 24-hour access globally to all young people to contribute without the requirement of technical web knowledge. The site is hosted in the UK and runs on its own servers. Pupiline has a full time editor who manages the sites content team, plus correspondents from around the world. www.pupiline.net site impressions have built from an low user base to consistently over 270k/month and rapidly growing, with spikes driven through the enormous PR this site has generated, despite no advertising having been done. The BBC TV ‘Kilroy’ Show generated 56K hits in the first hour! Pupiline and myself have been awarded numerous accolades, Finalist at the BBC Peoples Awards 2000, Internet Business ‘Young Achiever of 2000’, PricewaterhouseCoopers ‘Leaders of Tomorrow Winner’ 2001, That’s Esther Award, Childnet International and Cable and Wireless Global Internet Award Winner 2001. This has also enabled me to become a spokes person on young peoples and internet issues in the media. I have given many presentations at national conferences for Marketing Week, Young Voice, The National Children Bureau, Young First Tuesday, BBC TV and Radio, and had recently been invited to co-chair the National Childline conference with Cherie Blair. The site has attracted unprecedented PR coverage for a website since its launch, with all aspects of the media, local, national and international.
www.pupiline.nethas been developed in 3 specific stages; technical platform, branding and content and finally commercially. This order was chosen to maximise the quality and solidity of the site. The board of Pupiline Ltd, under the direction of myself, are committed to producing high quality content, which really works with the young community, then develop the market. This creates a very strong proposition in the market place enablingwww.pupiline.netto become the market leader, as it has the structure in place to deliver its self globally.
- turned a very bad experience into a really positive platform for success across a key and major market sector
- gave young people a voice and a place to develop a real online community, with quality and purpose. It gave true meaning to it’s brand proposition.
- challenged the view of young people, by others and the way they learn
- grew from low user base to over 270K impressions/month, with no advertising!
- used ‘angel investment to develop its plan with tight financial planning a good cash flow within a responsible framework
- generated massive PR, and changed how the young are consulted
- empowered young people through engaging them in their own development whilst enriching and stimulating a real sense of fun and peer support
- created a content development team and global correspondent network, under the direction of myself, who commission, write, edit and post all the content on the site
- idea with Pupiline Ltd; trademarks, full suite of domain registrations and a business plan
- a new business with a clear vision and strong commitment to deliver
- innovative, ...for us by us®...no content on the site is written by anyone over 21!!
- an online community builder for all young people, ‘if they want it on they can put it on’
- informative, creative, challenging but fun and creditable with the young, parents, youth workers and teachers
- a strong technical platform, content provider and business opportunity
- about giving the young the information they need/want in a format they decide and generate, with support and guidance from informed sources.
- about getting a team of young people and letting them create what is right for them
- educationally creative and endorsed, yet still credible with its own challenging format and style a unique combination
Where Pupiline Ltd is going:-
- Develop it’s partnership with the UK’s leading educational publisher to sell Pupiline’s interactive teaching materials.
- to deliver the ipupiline interactives to market as part of the Microsoft Encarta Class Server Platform, Collins Education resources and increase outlet sources in other areas.
- to develop partnerships with other content providers to expand the range of content and formats, in new and exciting areas as the sites community grows ie Monster.co.uk
- to develop additional revenue streams utilising the user database, community, and young peoples considerable power. They know what they like and want, make use of asking and consulting them!
- to globalise carefully through educational markets and young people’s community taking account of the cultural issues, but being aware that young people’s issues are a worldwide market
- The Pupiline Team